Listen to The Fierce Entrepreneur Podcast below…
Today’s podcast guest, Jamel Robinson, is a criminal justice major, who wanted to make more of an impact on life. Jamel had a passion for helping businesses succeed.
Growing up with an entrepreneur father, Jamel always knew he’d be an entrepreneur. During his junior year in college, he decided to start his app. Melini is an app where businesses will be able to create a commercial on the go using their phone, to be listed in the marketplace.
In today’s podcast episode, we discuss the challenges that come with being African American in the tech industry. We also talk about how Jamel’s passion for helping businesses around campus inspired the Melini app. And we discuss how Jamel lost everything during the early development stages of his app.
In This Episode of The Fierce Entrepreneur Podcast:
- We talk about how Jamel decided to leave a career in criminal justice for entrepreneurship.
- Jamel shares his struggles as an African American millennial in tech – and how he overcame those challenges.
- We discuss the importance of finding the right group of people to help you grow.
- Jamel also talks about how he considered his company a failure after his first two development teams let him down.
Jamel’s Favorite Online App:
Mentioned in this Episode:
(Some of the links listed below are affiliate links, and I will receive compensation for you signing up for service using my links.)
- Power of Broke by Damon John
Reach Out to Jamel:
Give Us a Rate & Review!
Thank you for listening to The Fierce Entrepreneur Podcast! I truly appreciate everyone of you. If you have any questions or comments about the show, please feel free to leave a comment below.
If you found the information and interviews shared on this podcast helpful, please head over to iTunes to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review!